Design Director, Product
As a Design Director, Product, you’ll be responsible for the look, feel, experience and architecture of all BirdEye products, working across on-device user interface, mobile app and web. You will be part of the team that drives the design for systematic and innovative product features. Our team members combine great visual sense with a deep understanding of the subtle nuance that makes a complex product feel simple and intuitive.
You should have an inspiring portfolio, great design sense, a love for complex problems and the ability to clearly articulate how a next generation, end-to-end customer experience automation product should work. We strive to create products that people love to use to make businesses better.
In this role you will:
- Translate abstract ideas and requirements into tangible and beautiful design deliverables
- Help to invent a modern and elegant visual language that spans devices
- Advocate for changes, refinements, and ongoing improvements
- Collaborate closely with cross-disciplinary teams of engineers, product managers, and marketing
- Proactively manage multiple projects, from start to finish, to meet priorities and requirements in an agile environment.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with engineers, PMs, designers, researchers, and writers to conceptualize, prototype, test, iterate, and build end-to-end experiences.
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our UX strategy.
- Evangelize the user experience both internally in the organization and externally with customers.
- Manage and scale the UX Design team, recruiting additional A+ players
- 5 years work experience as a designer working on shippable products, including Web applications, iOS, Android, Saas. B2B a plus.
- BFA, BA, or BS degree in design, HCI, or a related discipline
- Portfolio demonstrates rock-solid skills in UX architecture and interaction design along with examples of designing systems across multiple products or platforms.
- Must have a modern design aesthetic and pay attention to every detail and every pixel.
- Complete mastery of design tools such as Sketch
- Experience working closely with engineers and product on technical projects
- Strong leadership when collaborating with design, engineering, product, and marketing
- Work closely with a cross functional team of highly motivated and intelligent folks with a unique range of startup and enterprise experience
- Vibrant company culture
- Mentorship opportunities
- Competitive salary with stock options
- Unlimited in-house snacks & drinks
- Growth, Development and Career opportunities which accompany a high-growth organization
What We Do
BirdEye is a Customer Driven Marketing all-in-one platform built from the ground up to help businesses turn every customer into a happy customer. The BirdEye platform enables businesses to monitor reviews from all major sites, gain new reviews, manage customer feedback, and automatically promote their good reputation across the web, social media, and search engines.
BirdEye Customer Experience Platform converts in-moment feedback into swift corrective actions, leading to positive experiences; our natural language processing and big data engine gleans all the customer feedback to provide businesses with actionable insights and competitive benchmarking to fine-tune products, services, and operations.
BirdEye closes the loop on customer experience and reputation management turning customer feedback into the next-generation marketing engine. BirdEye was founded in 2012, and we are now over 400 employees strong and obsessing every day about our over 40.000 customers. We have offices in Palo Alto, Sacramento, Denver, Dallas and New Delhi.
In addition to our relentless focus on the customer, we’ve received over $30 million in venture funding, we’ve won a PnP Hottest Startup Award and a Silver Stevie Award in 2016 and rank #15 on Saas1000, the Index of the fastest growing Saas companies. We aren’t slowing down anytime soon.